Friday, October 12, 2012

Last weekend....

So last weekend I tried a Sauvigon Blanc Charles Shaw exclusive Trader Joes brand and pineapple juice from Dole. How was it... hmmmmm not bad, the juice cut some of the acid/dryness of the blanc, but since whites are not just so kind to me unless its a German Riesling.. I am a little bias towards them sorry.....

I also tried a strawberry white zinfandel by Wild Vines not bad the ALC .vol is 6% so really cute, very crisp and fruity, nice summer wine, for me. Price range about 3.99.
not to be paired with food, can be classified as a dessert wine, for its fruityness. Good for a nice T.V night or on a hot summer evening with the girls.

So far this fall I have been loving my Charles Shaw Merlot, My Sweet Cabernet, oh yea did I mention jug of Carlo Rossi Sweet Red isnt bad... there Sangria is the best I have tried. I think next week I am going to try their Paisano. I have never tried this varietal. I will keep you posted.. nothing like finding a jug for 9.99 of great wine.

Oh I also forgot to tell you all about my box wine I tried this summer...Franzia, Chilleable Red.. I must say very good. The wine appeared to last FOREVER even with my drinking.. LOL days even....I kept it in the freezer and would take it, and chill it again ( hence the name) and off to the races again. It was just the right amount of sweetness with a smooth finish. The price range if I recall was about 11.99-14.99 Can not recall the ALC.vol...but it was pretty easy.. a fine buzz that lingered for hours I must say.

Well I will feel you next weekend on my JUG.. of Paisano or I might gather up the Sweet Red by Franzia, either way I will keep you posted on the taste, the feel, the scent and the love...if any.
Till then Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment